Saturday, June 5, 2010

So, today is my first blog. I feel a bit late to the game, and I am sure few will read this at first. It's like the pilot episode of a soon to be beloved television show where the viewers wish to retroactively view what came in the early days because of what came later. I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer the TV show, and I retroactively, loved the opportunity to see the original pilot online--different as it was.

I love music. I love wine. I love food. I like to cook, and I work in a store where I sell, stock and order wine for the time being. Cheese is a favorite though I have cut most dairy out of my diet, and will, getting back to the first part, talk about music for ever if you let me. I've been called a snob of music before, but I do not think that is quite it. I know what I like. I am willing to listen to the new. I either like it or I don't. I am not afraid to say, and in return, I like a lot of sounds and songs and recordings that the vast majority of humans may not like. My mind is open until it is closed, and I don't really want it to be closed prematurely because life is about openness and honesty and those can't happen without life having its way with each and every one of us.

1 comment:

  1. Liking the blog! Very journaly, very intimate. So glad to hear that you've been so furtive. It seems with many of the creatives that I know -- this summer has been really good for that, myself and Gwen included. I wonder if there is any signifigance to that? Anyhow, I'm a follower and will be working towards better communcation and, overall, staying in touch with more frequency. It's surprisingly hard, after so much of my life spent alone and on the go. I guess old habits do die hard, friend.

    ReplyDelete